Friday, March 21, 2014

#Adorbs | Silhouette

I have a new layout to share with you today, that was posted on the Silhouette Blog earlier this week.  I normally work with square photos on my layouts and rarely use shaped photos, but when I saw this fun hexagon background in the Silhouette Store, I challenged myself to give shaped photos a try!




One of the things that really stood out to me when I saw this file, is the variety of ways it can be used.  You could add a smaller hexagon to the center of some of the ones that are filled in, to create more open spaces for extra photos or to add different patterned papers behind.  Or if you only had one photo, you could delete the outline of one of the larger hexagon shapes and have it cut without the center being opened.

I kept most of my design fairly simple, because I wanted my photos and the hexagon background to really stand out.  I cut some hexagon shapes, using the Corrugated Kraft Paper and used them to embellish the die cut background.  I would definitely have to say that fun backgrounds are my favorite files to look for in the Silhouette Store!  Make sure you keep an eye out for any new or interesting backgrounds and use them to create unique looks on your layouts!


Shapes:

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Enamel Dots & Stickers:  My Mind's Eye; Thickers:  American Crafts; Wood Veneer Hearts:  Pinkfresh Studio; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Stamp:  Chic Tags; Enamel Hearts:  Chickaniddy Krafts; Die Cut Machine, Shapes & Corrugated Paper:  Silhouette

No comments:

Post a Comment