Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Lucky Find

***Linked up at Paper Issues.***

I have to admit, in my 39 years of life, I have never found a four leaf clover.  And believe me, I have looked!  Well, this past weekend, I was outdoors with the kids and they were picking the little flowers that grow in the clover.  I told our middle daughter to look for a four leaf clover and within 5 seconds, she came running over and said she found one.  And much to my surprise, she certainly did!!  Leave it to a 6 year old!  :)  We had to document the occasion with a photo and even though it's the day after St. Patrick's Day, I am stopping in today to share the layout I created.




I used the Elle's Studio March Limited Edition Kit, along with the Everyday Moments collection.  The March Kit, had just the right tags to go with the clover/St. Patty's Day look on my layout.  I started off by misting the background with a touch of Citron Color Shine to add a little bit of Green to the background paper.  I layered several of the Elle's Studio tags behind my photo and also used some of the Elle's Studio March Cut Files to create positive and negative shapes to use on my page.  I knew I also wanted to use the "Hello" cut files in some way on my layout, so I cut the word in three different sizes and placed them randomly on my page.  Once they were adhered, I hand stitched through each word.  And I actually had my page finished, without the large stitched clover shape, and I kept looking at it and thinking it needed something to finish it off.  The idea of cutting a large clover shape from the cut files, popped in my head, and then I just traced it onto the background and stitched the shape.

We don't really celebrate or do anything special for St. Patty's Day, so I was happy to have a photo that would go along with that theme and work in the Elle's March Kit!

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Tags, Stamps, Cut Files, March Kit:  Elle's Studio; Wood Veneers:  Pinkfresh Studio; Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye & Chickaniddy Crafts; Thickers:  American Crafts; Chipboard Stars & Phrase Stamp:  October Afternoon; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Sequins:  Hip Kit Club 

No comments:

Post a Comment