Tuesday, March 11, 2014

American Crafts March Gallery | Here We Go

***If you are looking for the Echo Park & Top Dog Dies Blog Hop, please go HERE.***

I have a new layout to share today, for one of my March American Crafts Gallery layouts!!  On the first Saturday in March, we drove over to New Orleans for one of our favorite Mardi Gras parades, Endymion.  Of course, I had to take a "few" photos to document our trip!  :)  The kids were beyond excited, so they were happy to pose for said pictures.  I snapped some along the way, during our 2 hour drive, and this one of our little guy was so cute, I knew it had to go on a page.  The Plus One collection from Amy Tangerine, was perfect for the layout design I had in mind!




   
I wanted to create a grid design on my layout using Polaroid frames.  The Dies included with the Plus One collection were exactly what I needed!  I ran the Polaroid die through my Sizzix Big Shot on several of the patterned papers.  Once I had each of the frames cut, I placed them on the White cardstock background to get my spacing just right.  I added my two photos behind the frames on top and then backed the other frames with different patterns that were left over from the cut Polaroids.  From there, I had fun embellishing each of the frames with different products from the collection.  I also used the Icon Embroidery Stencil Kit to stitch those cute arrows above and below the Polaroid frames, for some added texture.

Supplies:  Counterpart (366807) - Plus One; Match (366819) - Plus One; Buddy (366812) - Plus One; Ensemble (366827) - Plus One; Friend (366825) - Plus One; Dies (366860) - Plus One; Twins (366837) - Thickers; Us (366842) - Remarks; Team (366838) - Sticker Roll; Flair (366906) - Adhesive Badges; Bits (366849) - Cut Cardstock Shapes; Mixtape (366839) - Washi Tape; Fabric Brads (366852) - Elements; Teammate (366848) - Icon Embroidery Stencil Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment