Thursday, March 20, 2014

Hip Kit Club | Adorable You

It's time to start sharing layouts for Hip Kit Club, using the new March 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits!!  I love creating with kits and getting completely different looks on each of my layouts and cards.  Since we have two daughters and one little boy, it's always important for me to have products that will work with feminine and masculine layouts.  So for my first layout, using this month's Kit, I used the kraft cardstock as my background and a mix of the patterned papers from the Kit, to create a cute masculine look on a layout with some photos of our little guy wearing a huge cowboy hat!



 
I wanted to go with an "out of the box" design on my first layout, using the March 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits. I created a text background, by cutting the title "Adorable You" from the kraft cardstock, in the Cardstock Add-On Kit. After my title finished cutting, I used all of the different patterned papers in the March Hip Kit Main Kit, to back the letters, and backed the "O's" with my photos. I love that there are so many patterned papers in the kit...I was able to back each letter, without having to repeat a pattern! And the embellishments from the Main Kit and Add-On Kits, were perfect for completing the look of my layout. I used several items from the OA Daily Flash products that are included in the Kits, to embellish several of the letters cut from the background paper!

And if you would like to use the background I created, you can find the free Studio File HERE for download!
 
The multi-colored October Afternoon Washi Tape is such a fun item in the March Kit! I wanted to find a different way to use it, so I cut the sentiment from the front of my card on my Silhouette CAMEO. I trimmed a piece of White cardstock to fit behind the negative title and then I used three strips of the Washi Tape to cover it. Once I had the Washi Tape on the cardstock, I just placed it behind my title to create a cute rainbow look!




The full reveal of the March 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits was posted on the Hip Kit Blog this past weekend!  Make sure you stop by to take a look at everything included in each Kit, and you can visit the Hip Kit website for purchase information or becoming a monthly subscriber!

No comments:

Post a Comment