Friday, March 28, 2014

Silhouette | Brother & Sister

Yay for Friday, but boo for my last post for Silhouette!  I decided not to return for the next term, even though I have loved working so much for Silhouette and with our awesome coordinator, Jeana!  And I really learned so much from the other Ladies on the Team...the CAMEO does amazing things, and I loved seeing everyone's inspirational projects!!  But, I will still be putting my CAMEO to work on all of my layouts.  It is most definitely one of my most essential tools!

Triangles are such a fun shape to use, and I made a cut out background for my layout, using one of the triangle shapes in the Silhouette Store.




I used a fun Silhouette product on this layout, the Chipboard!! I love using chipboard embellishments on my layouts and projects, so what could be better than creating your own!!  Chipboard is a great way to add dimension, without a lot of bulk.  And the great thing about Silhouette Chipboard, is that it is the perfect thickness.  You can make one cut, and still have a dimensional embellishment on your layout or you could make 2 or 3 cuts of the same shape and adhere them together, to get a much thicker look.

I wanted to use one of the “potty people” images on my layout to represent our son and daughter.  I found this cute shape in the Silhouette Store and cut it on the Chipboard.  I just snipped around the hand of the girl, once the full image cut and saved the extra pieces for a later day.  After the Chipboard was cut, I cut the same image on my patterned paper and just adhered it to the Chipboard.

If you haven’t tried the Chipboard yet, you will definitely want to add it to your wish list!  It will work with so many of the shapes in the store and you can happily create just the right embellishment you need for your next layout!
 
Shapes:


Supplies:  Kit:  Hip Kit Club March 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits; Cardstock:  American Crafts; Patterned Paper:  American Crafts & October Afternoon; Stickers & Flair Button:  October Afternoon; Phrase Stamp, Stamps, Button, Enamel Dots: American Crafts:  Puffy Sticker:  Evalicious; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Chipboard, Shapes, & Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette

 


No comments:

Post a Comment