Thursday, March 13, 2014

Hip Kit Club | Capture Smiles, Capture Life

***If you are looking for the Echo Park & Top Dog Dies Blog Hop, please go HERE.***

***Linked up at Paper Issues.*** 

Today, I am sharing my last layout and card, for Hip Kit Club, with the February 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits!  I am on my third month of creating for the Hip Kit Team and I am blown away by how amazing the kits are, that Kimberly puts together.  The papers always coordinate so well and she adds in so many fun embellishments to choose from!  I have no trouble creating 4 layouts and 4 cards per month, and then still having a good bit of product left over, that I can play with later on!  Since this is my last post for the February Kit, be on the lookout soon for projects using the March Kit...which is just as fabulous as the February Kit!!  :)

I like to change up the look of my layouts every now and then, from bright colors and a lot of layers, to a more clean and simple look. I used the White cardstock included in the February 2014 Cardstock Add-On as the base of my page. I cut a 4.5 x12 piece from the Elle's Studio Love This patterned paper and adhered it to the left hand side of my page. I cut some of the words from the October Afternoon Click! patterned paper and added them above and below my photo. I also created a visual triangle on my layout, by placing the October Afternoon Daily Flash chipboard frame to the right of my photo.




I love to use negative die cuts on my layouts, but it's also fun to use negatives from products, that you might normally throw away once you're finished with them.  I've used several of the chipboard pieces from the October Afternoon Daily Flash frames, and I've been left with the negative shapes. I thought it would be a fun addition to my card, to cut out around one of the frames and use the negative piece. Once I cut around the frame shape, I backed it with one of the Elle's Studio patterned papers. Then I added one of the square frames to the center and layered a heart shape and wood veneer over it, for my sentiment. 


 
If you are interested in becoming a Hip Kit subscriber, make sure you visit the website!  The March Kits will be revealed on the Blog in just a few days, so make sure you stop by the Blog to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment