Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Get It Scrapped! | Story Time

Glitter used to be one of those products, that really didn't appeal to me.  I have issues with sparkly stuff ending up...well, pretty much everywhere!!  :)  But recently Glitter has made an appearance in more OCD friendly ways, for people like me.  You can get pre-made products such as Thickers or embellishments or create your own looks with Glitter and double sided adhesives and heat embossing with Glitter.  Today, the Creative Team at Get It Scrapped! is sharing inspiration for using Glitter to add something important to your layout such as, theme, mood or texture.  




I wanted to add a quiet, night time effect to my layout, by using Silver glittered star shapes, which helped support the theme behind my photo.   I created and cut a star shape on my CAMEO, using Double Sided Adhesive.  After my shape was cut and adhered to the layout, I sprinkled over the adhesive with Silhouette Glitter.  The double sided adhesive cuts easily in the CAMEO, and the Glitter adheres very well.  This technique added just the right amount of sparkle to my layout and was an easy way to create a custom look with Glitter.

Make sure you stop by the Get It Scrapped! Blog to see how the Creative Team used Glitter for other techniques on their layouts!!

Supplies:  Patterned Paper & Tags:  Elle's Studio; Thickers, Flair Button, Date Stamp & Phrase Stamp:  American Crafts; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Stamps:  Chic Tags; Color Shine & Stamp Pad:  Heidi Swapp; Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye; Glitter, Double Sided Adhesive & Die Cutting Machine:  Silhouette America

 

No comments:

Post a Comment