Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Simple Stories Guest Post

***If you are looking for the Echo Park & Top Dog Dies Blog Hop, please go HERE.***

***Linked up at Paper Issues.*** 

Last week, my guest designer post was up on the Simple Stories Blog!  I was sent the new A Charmed Life collection and had so much fun working with it.  The mix of Yellow, Green and Blue is such a great color scheme, and there are so many great embellishments to use with this collection!  I wanted to stop in and share my layouts and card, here on my Blog, today.

A Charmed Life

Most of the time, I like to create a title on my layout as the focal point of my page.  But I couldn't resist using the wood grain paper in the collection, that came pre-printed with the phrase "A Charmed Life".  Having a built in title really makes it quick and easy to put your pages together.  I placed my photos above the title and matted them with two different patterned papers from the collection.  I also thought it would be fun to layer one of the transparent cards included with the collection, over my smaller photo, for added detail.  I finished my page design by adding some of the chipboard pieces, stickers, and brads.




Enjoy Life

The 8 Sn@p! Cuts jumped out at me, when I looked through the collection.  I thought the Navy polka dot cut would make a great large mat, to place behind the photo.  Once I had my mat and photo in place, I layered a piece of paper cut from the heart pattern.  I loved the look of hearts "floating" against the wood grain background.  And the Sn@p! Insta Squares were perfect for completing my design.




Lucky Like a Four Leaf Clover

It's always fun to create a card and add a pocket to the front.  You can tuck in a gift card, note, or just a fun patterned paper design.  I used one of the Sn@p! Pockets for the front of my card, and placed the clover cut from the Sn@p! Cuts package inside the pocket.  I added the star brad to the center of the cut card, to hold it in place.  The mix of the word "Lucky" from the chipboard package and the sticker "like a four leaf clover" paired perfectly, to complete the sentiment for my card.  I also used some of the left over hearts, from my A Charmed Life layout.  Those left overs can always come in handy, when you are a creating a card!



Thanks to everyone that stopped by the Simple Stories Blog last week, to see my projects and leave a little love!  And thanks for stopping in for a visit today!

No comments:

Post a Comment