Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Elle's Studio Green Challenge | So Rad

I was excited to see the March challenge at Elle's Studio, to use Green Elle's Studio products on your layout!  For some reason, Green is a color that I don't incorporate much into my pages, but lately I love Green paired with Yellow, Teal and Navy.  And one of my favorite papers in the Everyday Moments collection from Elle's Studio is the "Stars" paper, which is an awesome Green on the back side, with a tiny chevron pattern.  So I went to work pulling some of the Green items from my Elle's goodies and this is what I came up with for the challenge:



 
I wanted to use a patterned paper that had a neutral look for my background, and add a touch of Green using the new Citron Color Shine from Heidi Swapp.  I sprayed the Color Shine onto a piece of wax paper and then mixed in a little bit of water, and pressed my paper over the mist.  I also removed the nozzle from the Color Shine and splattered a few drops onto my background paper.  My design came from laying out several of the manufacturer tabs that are cut from the bottom of the 12x12 papers.  I never throw these away, if they have a fun design on them.  And since my photo was so cute, I printed two of them and just arranged them side by side.  The title letters were cut on my CAMEO using some of the adhesive backed cardstock from Silhouette.  I really like the outlined look, so I used the Outline Tool in Silhouette Studio, to cut the word Rad, and added some of the Elle's letter stickers to complete my title.

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Wood Veneers, Stamps, Letter Stickers & Tags:  Elle's Studio; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Enamel Dots:  October Afternoon & My Mind's Eye; Flair Button:  The Paper Bakery; Die Cut Machine & Adhesive Backed Cardstock:  Silhouette America; Date Stamp:  American Crafts 

No comments:

Post a Comment