Saturday, March 15, 2014

Laugh Always

I wanted to stop in today, to share the layout I created for my guest spot with the Scrapping Everyday Miracles Challenge Blog.  Roberta Edmisten invited me to join in for the Scripture inspiration and the March Sketch.




 
Our children are always laughing or making us laugh, so I knew that using one of their photos would go right along with this month's theme, Laughter Is the Best Medicine, based on Psalm 126:2.  I had a cute photo of our middle daughter, which I snapped mid-laugh, while she was enjoying a game of tag with her brother and sister.

The sketch is really great, and can give you lots of different options for a starting point for your layout.  I loved the multi-photo aspect, but I chose to use just one photo to document on my layout.  Since my photo was portrait and not landscape, I rotated the sketch.  After rotating, I didn't change much in the way of the sketch design.  I layered patterned papers behind my photo and fussy cut a few of the circle shapes from the Pebbles From Me to You collection, to create an embellishment cluster near my photo. I placed the title right under my photo, since I rotated the sketch.  I finished my layout, by adding a little bit of spray mist, wood veneers, and a flair button.

Don't forget to stop by the Scrapping Everyday Miracles Blog and you can play along with this month's challenge!

Supplies:  Patterned Paper: Pebble Inc.; Flair Button:  Panda Eight Designs; Phrase Stamp:  October Afternoon; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Tag:  Elle's Studio 

No comments:

Post a Comment