Friday, March 7, 2014

Silhouette | True Love

***Linked up at Paper Issues.***

I have a new layout today, for Silhouette, and a tutorial for creating a fun welded outline title!  Right now in the South, we are in that back and forth weather pattern, where it can be in the 70's one day and in the 30's the next.  One thing I love about living in a warm weather climate, is being able to wear flip flops almost year round!  Just slip them on and you are out the door!  So I couldn't resist creating a layout to document my love of flip flops!!




When I first bought my CAMEO in November of 2012, I spent a good bit of time watching YouTube videos and checking out the different things you could do with your machine.  I ran across a layout, that had a title cut with the CAMEO and one of the words was a welded outline.  I thought it was so cool and knew I had to figure out how to do it.  Using your CAMEO to create your titles can be a big money saver, when it comes to buying alphas and letter stickers!

Here is a tutorial for creating the welded outline title:


1.  Select the text tool in Silhouette Studio and then choose the font you would like to use.

Picture1

2.  Once your word is typed out, click on Object and select Ungroup.

Picture2

3.  After your word is Ungrouped, click on each letter and space them out just a bit.

Picture3

4.  Now you can select all of your letters and click on the Offset tool.

Picture4

5.  Use the Offset Distance slider to resize the width of your offset to a thin outline around your original letters.

Picture5

6.  Now you will need to group each individual letter with it’s outline.  While the letter is selected, go to Object and select Group and then Make Compound Path.

Picture6

7.  After each letter is grouped and made into a compound path, you need to move the letters to overlap one another.  I like to select each letter and then use my arrow key, to move it over.  This helps keep it lined up perfectly.

Picture7

8.  After you have moved all of your letters to overlap one another, select them all together and click on the Welding tool.  Select Weld in the drop down list and all of your letters will weld together into one outlined word.

Picture8


Supplies:  Shapes, Corrugated Cardboard Paper & Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette CAMEO; Patterned Paper, Stamps & Tags:  Elle's Studio; Color Shine & Ink Pad:  Heidi Swapp; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Flair Button:  October Afternoon; Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye    

No comments:

Post a Comment