Friday, March 14, 2014

Scrapping Everyday Miracles Guest Designer & a Silhouette Layout

Several months ago, my friend Roberta Edmisten invited me to guest design for her challenge Blog, Scrapping Everyday Miracles.  Today, I am sharing my layout based on the Scripture inspiration and sketch for March.  Make sure you stop by the Scrapping Everyday Miracles Blog, and you can check out what the Design Team has been doing and also play along this month!  Here's a little sneak of my layout!


I also have a layout to share with you today, that was posted on the Silhouette Blog earlier this week.  I love that you can find any shapes in the Silhouette Store, to perfectly fit the theme of your layouts and projects.  We recently celebrated  Mardi Gras down South, and our family went to one of the parades in New Orleans.  I got some great photos, that I just had to get on layouts asap!!  I knew that I wanted to use a fleur de lis design on my layout, and was excited to see some great choices in the Silhouette Store.  The fleur de lis is a symbol associated with the city of New Orleans and state of Louisisana, Mardi Gras, and the New Orleans Saints football team.  I also cut a negative title on my background paper, “Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler”, which translated is, “Let the Good Times Roll”.




I love the aspect of the negative cut title and fleur de lis shape, because it gives me an opportunity to include several different patterned papers in my page design.  And my Silhouette Sketch Pens were used to create the journaling for my layout, and I also used them with the New Orleans cut file from the Silhouette Store.  Instead of cutting out the word shape, I drew it right onto my background paper with the Black sketch pen, after I finished cutting my title.

Shapes:
 

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Chipboard, Stickers, Rub-Ons, Stamps:  American Crafts; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Flair Button:  The Paper Bakery; Color Shine;  Heidi Swapp; Die Cut Machine, Shapes & Sketch Pens:  Silhouette CAMEO

No comments:

Post a Comment