Monday, March 24, 2014

Hip Kit Club | Enjoy the Little Things

It's the beginning of a new week, and I am excited to stop in and share a new layout and card with you today for Hip Kit Club, using the March 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits!  Both of these were really fun to put together, so let's get to the layout first!!



 
I am a big fan of patterned paper and I love to use it for the background of my layouts, but sometimes a pattern or the colors can be too overpowering when using the full sheet.  So I solved the issue of a busy pattern for this layout, by cutting my full sheet of paper to a smaller dose.  The Crate Paper Styleboard Blissful paper included in our March main kit, was one of my favorites. I used it as a full background on one of my layouts, but I wanted to use it in a more toned down version on this page. I cut two of the chevron sections and placed them on my white cardstock background, which gave me some pattern, without having a full patterned paper background. I can't resist hand stitching, so I stitched along every other line of the chevron pattern. I also added some stamping using our March Stamp Add-On Kit…I mixed the arrow, camera, and little abstract asterisk, which gave a fun flow to my page.



Did you know you can use the alphas included in the March 2014 Hip Kit & Add-Ons to make a big impact on your cards? For this card, I wanted to keep a clean & simple design using the lemon image from the Dear Lizzy Bits included in our March Color Add-On Kit. The Studio Calico Wanderlust Alpha Stickers were a perfect match to the yellow and teal on the die cut lemon, and they were just the right size to spell out the first part of my sentiment. The silver Cecily Thickers were perfect for the last part of my sentiment. I was able to overlap the “E” and the “N” in “lemons” by using small pop dots behind them – this gave my card a fun whimsical feel.

And just in case you missed any of our March Kits, make sure you stop by the Hip Kit website to check them out!!  You can also visit the Hip Kit Facebook page to see what will be coming up in the April Kits and keep up with all of the amazing work from the Design Team!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment