Monday, July 1, 2013

Cold Medicine Induced Scrapbooking

I have to say, I am happy to welcome a new week!  Last week was a lot crazy, and I am glad it's over.  The kids started their Swim lessons last Monday and we had VBS at church at night.  Not too big of a deal...until I got sick on Monday night.  We came home from church and my throat was so sore, and it went downhill from there.  Fortunately hubby took over teaching our class at VBS and took the kids to their Swim lesson on Wednesday.  I was not a happy camper, since this was technically our busiest week this Summer and I ended up not being able to do a whole lot...and that included scrapping.  But by Friday, I couldn't take it anymore and I had to sit down and try working on a layout.  I knew I wanted to play along with the 6/23/13 Challenge Sunday at Chic Tags, using Instagrams, so I got started, even though I was kind of loopy on cold medicine.  I didn't really have a clear focus, so I'm still not really sure what to think about this one, but I did try a fun technique, that I'll tell you about after you see the layout.  :)




  
So here's some info about the new technique I tried.  I stopped by a new post on Monique Liedtke's Blog a couple of weeks ago and she had some cute embellishments on her layout, using Washi Tape and Vellum.  It was from a post she had read on Shimelle's Blog.  I just had to give this a try and it's so fun and easy!  All you have to do, is add your Washi Tape to Vellum, strip by strip, until you get the width for whatever you're wanting to cut.  I covered about a 5x6 area on my Vellum, to cut several circles and the title for my page.  The circles were perfect for adding a bubble look on my layout, to go with the water play theme and I love the "ghost" effect it gives to the title. The transparent alphas and embellishments are a big trend right now, so this is an easy and affordable way to create your own, if you have Washi Tape and Vellum on hand.

And thanks to some sweet scrappy friends, I got to use some fun freebies on this layout.  Katrina Hunt sent me a pack of the awesome Maggie Holmes fabric frames and Evelin Tee sent me a little goodie package with those fun transparent clouds and a few other goodies.

I hope you have a great week this week, and a Happy 4th of July!  I can't believe we are already welcoming July!!  YIKES!  But a new month, means lots of new DT work to share and make sure you stop in this Thursday.  I'll be sharing my first post with CropStop for my July Guest Designer spot!

Supplies:  Patterned Paper:  Little Yellow Bicycle; Tags:  Chic Tags; Washi Tape:  SEI, Freckled Fawn, Love My Tapes & Recollections; Fabric Frame:  Maggie Holmes; Wood Veneer, Sequins & Spray Mist;  Studio Calico; Stamps:  The Craft's Meow;  Font:  Pacifico; Other:  Transparent Clouds
 

No comments:

Post a Comment