Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Four Favorites @ 4

 ***NOTE:  Sometimes because of scheduling the articles at Get It Scrapped!, get rearranged at times.  Even though I had this layout ready for auto post today, the actual article will be split into two different articles for this topic...one posting tomorrow and one posting next week.  This layout will be shared in the article posting next week.***

Do you like mixing Alphas and Fonts in your title?  I love to use different Thickers, stickers, or Cameo cut words, to add some variety to the title of my layouts.  Today, at Get It Scrapped!, the Creative Team is sharing inspiration for Mixing Alphas & Fonts in Your Title.  Here is the layout I created for the assignment:






I did this layout, to record some of our son's favorites at the age of 4, using a photo taken on his birthday.  Mixing fonts or alphas in your title can add an interesting touch to your page.  You can use this technique to give emphasis to certain words in your title, to add a touch of whimsy to your page, or set the tone for the theme of your page.  When mixing fonts or alphas, I like using letters that contrast, which I did on my layout, by using the larger Thickers as a dominant part of my title and then adding in the smaller, round letter stickers.  Mixing the size, shape and color of your alphas directs the eye to your title and helps it stand out among the other elements on your page.

I used the new Cameron collection from Elle's Studio on this layout, and I cut apart one of the Tags from the Large & Medium Journaling Tags for the journaling spots on my page.  And I incorporated a lot of arrows and Chevron on this page, to create motion and energy, because our little definitely has A LOT of that!!

Supplies:  Patterned Paper & Tags:  Elle's Studio; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico & Freckled Fawn; Thickers:  American Crafts; Mini Market Stickers:  October Afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment