Friday, July 26, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

I have loved the mix of Nautical and everyday inspiration, the July Scrapbook Kit, Boardwalkfrom the Paper Bakery has provided our Design Team this month!  So many fun layouts and projects.  Today, I am here to share a fun and easy altered project that makes a great home decor piece.  I created an altered frame using some of the patterned papers, cut files by Juliana Michaels and embellishments included in the Kit.




I purchased the White frame for less than $3 at a local craft store, and then I used the cute Washi Tape included in this month's Kit around the inside edge of the frame, to dress it up a little bit.  I removed the glass, because I wanted to add dimension to the frame.  I layered a couple of the patterned papers and cut the sentiment "You Are My Sunshine" on my Cameo and backed it with the dark Blue Cardstock, that is now a new Add On that you can get with each monthly Kit.  I finished decorating my frame, using a couple of the cute Nautical by Nature cut files by Juliana and the Green ribbon and Studio Calico wood veneer, that comes in the July Kit.

These kind of projects are always fun and who doesn't love having their own hand made decor around the house.  The frame made a great addition to our son's bedroom!


No comments:

Post a Comment