Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Soak Up the Summer

Last week was slow scrappy week for me.  I was caught up on all of my current assignments, and didn't have anything motivating to work on a layout, even though I was dying to do something.  So as soon as the new Sketch Thursday challenge from Elle's Studio popped up in my Blog reader, I knew I wanted to get to work right away!  This is the second time I have played along with an Elle's sketch, using a large photo, and even though that's not my norm, I really love the look once it's finished.  And another great thing about this type of sketch...you can get done fairly quickly, since the photo is a large portion of your layout.





The sketch was based on a layout by Jen Chesnick, and I loved that it made the photo front and center.  I used some of the papers from the Saltwater collection, and mixed in the frame from the Cameron collection, and several tags from various other collections.  I wanted to add a fun touch to my page, so I created a pinwheel to go in the center of the Polaroid frame.  And since I had room for a longer title on this page, I mixed Thickers, OA Mini Market Stickers, and stitching using one of the Amy Tangerine stitching templates from the Yes, Please collection.

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Tags, Frame, & Vellum:  Elle's Studio; Thickers:  American Crafts; Mini Market Stickers & Button:  October Afternoon; Stitching Template:  Amy Tangerine; Flair Button & Washi Tape:  The Paper Bakery; Enamel Dots: My Mind's Eye; Wood Veneer:  Freckled Fawn


No comments:

Post a Comment