Friday, July 19, 2013

Same Kit, Different Look!

The July Scrapbook Kit, Boardwalk, from the Paper Bakery  is definitely filled with lots of Nautical themes, and most of my projects using this month's Kit, all have a Nautical look.  But I was able to squeeze in an extra layout, this month and it took on an everyday look...totally different from all of my other Nautical projects.  So today, I'll be sharing this everyday themed layout, as well as another Nautical layout using the Kit.





I used the Pink cardstock included in the Kit...we have NEW add ons for cardstock now!!  YAY!   And I used the cute heart patterned paper from Lily Bee, as my background.  This layout actually started out with a totally different photo, but it wasn't working, so I decided to change it.  Voila!  The creative juices started flowing and it turned out, just the way I wanted it to.  I used the fun Triangle border cut file, that comes with this month's Kit and one of our new Stamp sets!  I stamped the 100% Loved stamp on Vellum and stapled it to my page.

The second layout goes back to the Nautical look and I used our newest Sketch #8, to create this page.






I made a few changes to the Sketch.  I only used one photo and used the Triangle patterned paper from Studio Calico, in place of the second photo.  Instead of adding the circles, I fussy cut some of the hexagon pieces from Crate Paper's The Pier paper and added those in place of the circles.  I also added in some more of our new Stamp sets and I used some of the Nautical by Nature cut files, created by Juliana Michaels.  Don't forget, that you can play along with our Sketch challenge!  Just link up your entry in the Sidebar of the Paper Bakery Blog, by Saturday, July 27th by Midnight.

I hope I have inspired you to look at your products in different ways, and maybe use your next Kit out of context, and see what fun layouts and projects you can come up with!  And don't forget if you sign up for a Subscription, you get exclusive Cut Files and Printables that rotate each month!  Here's a look at the fun Cut Files that came with this month's Kit!



No comments:

Post a Comment