Friday, July 12, 2013

Be Me

Last Sunday, Chic Tags posted their new Challenge Sunday, to create a layout about YOU!  I have to admit this one was a little intimidating, because I (like most of you, I'm sure) would rather be the one taking the pictures, rather than being in them!  But, I decided to give it a try, because I loved the inspiration from the DT ladies, and I ended up loving the end result.




 
I wanted to do a soft, layered look on this layout, and I was able to go with any color scheme, since I used a black and white photo.  I started out my layers, by using modeling paste and one of the brand new Masks from the Paper Bakery's July Mixed Media Kit.  Then I spritzed over it with Mustard Color Shine and added some drops of Primrose Color Shine.  I cut the Triangle pattern using my Cameo.  I love the negative look, and this added just the perfect touch.  Then I used some of the positive Triangle pieces and placed them kind of randomly on my page.  The tags I used are from the Everyday Life II and Love Note collections from Chic Tags and most of the other product came from the June Cocoa Daisy Kit, that I won through one of their Instagram contests.

Products Used:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Patterned Paper:  Crate Paper & Simple Stories for Cocoa Daisy; Tags:  Chic Tags; Font:  Scriptina & Typewriter; Envelope:  Recollections;  Wood Veneers Studio Calico; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Mask:  The Paper Bakery:  Modeling Paste:  Liquitex; Other Embellishments:  June Cocoa Daisy Kit; Other:  Cameo & Silhouette Sketch Pens  


No comments:

Post a Comment