Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Just Keep Swimming

I can't resist a good movie title, quote, song title or lyrics for a layout title!  :)  I've had so many Summer layouts this year, that I am starting to run out of choices!!  But I realized I had not used one of my favorites yet, from Finding Nemo.  So "Just Keep Swimming" worked out perfectly for this layout.  This page wasn't for DT work, so I spent a little longer on it, than I would a typical layout.  I thought it would be fun to stitch a sunburst...but three hours later when I finished the layout, I wasn't still so sure that was a good idea!!





To create the sunburst, I drew a line across my page about 4 inches down.  Then I used the ruler to draw several rays from a center point.  I alternated Pink and Yellow embroidery floss, by back stitching it on each of the rays.  I also wanted to add a little more detail to the burst, so I mixed in some of the wood grain and Yellow sequins from the Studio Calico Atlantic collection.  I also wanted to use the awesome cut file, that Heather Leopard used on one of her American Crafts layouts last week.  I purchased it in the Silhouette shop and used it in a smaller capacity, compared the way Heather used it on her page.  But I love that it gave a wave effect, under the photos.  

Supplies:  Patterned Paper:  Crate Paper, Basic Grey & My MInds Eye; Wood Veneers & Sequins:  Studio Calico; Washi Tape:  The Paper Bakery; Printable:  Chic Tags; Tags:  Elle's Studio; Button & Mini Market Stickers:  October Afternoon; Star Paper Clip:  Two Peas in a Bucket



No comments:

Post a Comment