I am back with my second post, as the July Guest Designer for CropStop! I have been in Summer mode, with a lot of my layouts, because the kids have been spending a lot of time in the pool, at the fountain, or outside. And today, I have another Summer layout to share with you. I used several products from the CropStop store to create my layout, including: 6x6 Mini Curl Frame mask by Balzer Designs for The Crafters Workshop, Fantasia Collection: Blossom Doily Dies from Couture Creations, Radiant Rain Shimmer Mist from Creative Imaginations, Candi Dots-Chips, and Candi Fix by Craft Works Cards.
I also created a tutorial to show how I used the Balzar Mask with Modeling Paste, Embossing Powder, and Spray Mist to create a resist effect.
1. Place your Mini Curl Frame mask over a piece of White cardstock. Cover an old credit card or Driver's License with Modeling Paste.
2. Firmly hold your mask in place and spread the Modeling Paste with your card. Make sure you press down into the shapes of the mask, to get good coverage.
3. Remove the mask from the cardstock, and sprinkle over the Modeling Paste with Clear Embossing Powder. Use your heat gun to set the embossing powder.
4. Once you are finished heating the powder, spray over the design with the Shimmer Mist.
5. After you have sprayed the design, use a baby wipe or damp paper towel, to wipe away the mist color from the embossed design. It should "resist" the mist because of the embossing powder you used over the modeling paste and leave the mist color on your paper and a White color on the raised embossed modeling paste.
6. Use your die cut/embossing machine to cut the Blossom Doily Shape, to place in the center of the embossed design on the White cardstock.
After I completed all of these steps, I placed the 6x6 square embossed design on my layout background paper and began layering all of my other products. I loved the way this design worked on my page, because the look of the Mini Curl Frame reminded me of splashes, that went along perfectly with the pool photo. And the Blossom Doily Die created a fun Sun element to place behind my photo. The Uncharted Waters and Color Me Happy collections from Glitz Design, were perfect for the Nautical feel of my layout and I also mixed in some of my own personal printables and some printables from Chic Tags.
Supplies: 6x6 Mini Curl Frame mask by Balzer Designs for The Crafters Workshop, Fantasia Collection: Blossom Doily Dies from Couture Creations, Radiant Rain Shimmer Mist from Creative Imaginations, Candi Dots-Chips, and Candi Fix by Craft Works Cards; Patterned Paper & Banner: Glitz Design; Cardstock: Bazzill; Printables: ashleyhortondesigns.com & Chic Tags; Thickers: American Crafts; Spray Mist: Studio Caico; Wood Veneers: Studio Calico & Freckled Fawn; Cut File: Juliana Michaels for The Paper Bakery; Washi Tape: Pebbles Inc.; Font: Abadi MT Condensed Extra Bold