Monday, July 8, 2013

Blast from the Past

Today is a new reveal day at Let's Get Sketchy!  Team B is up for our first reveal of the month, using an adorable sketch by Brenshevia.  I've been getting a little bored with my regular photos lately, so for this layout I chose photos from when I was a little girl.  I'm trying to scan some older photos, but of course, my Scanner is on the fritz, so it's been a slow process.  Here's a look at what I created:






I attempted something on this layout, that I don't usually do...watercolor.  Don't get me wrong, I love the look of watercolors, I just don't like what it does to my paper.  The wrinkling drives me crazy.  But, I decided to throw caution to the wind and diluted some Mister Huey's Mint Julep mist with water and painted it in the background.  It added a subtle look, which I am okay with and I loved the end result.  I changed up the sketch by using two vertical photos in place of the horizontal half photo placement.  And I'm not really sure where those circles came from, but I kept wanting to add some stitching and couldn't really figure out how to incorporate it.  Then I thought, "why not faux stitching?"...so I grabbed a cup and started doodling some faux stitched overlapping circles.  And as you can tell, I like to use a more modern look with my heritage/vintage photos.  I mixed some My Mind's Eye, American Crafts, Jillibean Soup, and Chic Tags to create the look on my layout.

Make sure you stop by the Let's Get Sketchy Blog to see what the other Team members did with this week's Sketch.  And you can play along with us, by linking up in the sidebar!


Supplies:  Patterned Paper:  My Mind's Eye & American Crafts; Stickers & Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye; Printables:  Chic Tags; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Wood Veneers & Stamp:  Studio Calico; Ink:  Close to My Heart & Stampin' Up; Bits & Letter Stickers:  Jillibean Soup; Thickers & Word Stamp:  American Crafts; Other:  Binder Clip







No comments:

Post a Comment