Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Layout that Almost Wasn't!

Over the past 7.5 years that I've been scrapbooking, I can say that I have probably only completely trashed 2, maybe 3 layouts.  You know the ones I'm talking about...no matter what you do, you just can't get anything on them to cooperate with you.  The layout I'm sharing for today's article at Get It Scrapped!, almost joined that small margin of trashed layouts.  Our assignment was Welding, and I really love the way the welded title turned out on my page.  I also really love the Travel Girl collection from October Afternoon, and I especially love these photos of me with my Grandparents on a vacation trip from way back in late 1970-early 1980ish.  But with all of that said, there is just something, that I don't love about this page all together and I still can't even put my finger on it.  I asked my fellow Get It Scrapped! Team Members for advice and they encouraged me to use the layout.  So even though it still totally and completely irks me, I am here to share it with you today!  :)




 
I've wanted to get these photos of me with my grandparents, on a trip to the mountains, on a layout for years and thought they would be perfect with the Travel Girl collection from October Afternoon.  I used the Welding technique to create the title for my page, by using a mix of words and shapes.  Since the patterns and masking were on the busy side, I chose a solid Red cardstock, to cut my title from and to help it stand out from the background.  The great thing about this technique, is that it gives you the opportunity to create your own individual title or shapes for your layouts.  I wanted to make my title stand out, by using more than just words, so I incorporated a GeoTag shape with a heart center and an arrow.  This helps to reinforce the travel theme on my layout.

I am glad to have these photos on a layout, even though the page didn't turn out exactly as fabulous as I had imagined.  And I did have to use the original photos on this one, because they were so faded, it was impossible to get a good scan of them.  But I would much rather have the original on one of my layouts and protected in my album, rather than wasting away in old photo albums!

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Button, Tin Pin, Stickers, TIdbits:  October Afternoon; Mask:  The Paper Bakery; Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Punches:  EK Success & Marvy; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo; Stamps:  Dear Lizzy & Heidi Swapp; Font:  Abadi MT Condensed Extra Bold

 

No comments:

Post a Comment