Thursday, July 4, 2013

CropStop Guest Designer & a Challenge Layout!

Happy 4th of July everyone!  I hope you are enjoying your day!  Today is my first reveal at CropStop as the July Guest Designer.  Vicki Robertson contacted me several months back and invited me to work with some product from the CropStop store.  For today's post, I am sharing a card, using the Kaleidoscope Heart-Endless Dreams Decorative Dies from Couture Designs and Candi Dots-Chips by Craft Work Cards.


I loved the pretty die cut Heart, and I cut it in a Mustard Yellow cardstock and then paired it with the 5th & Frolic collection from Dear Lizzy.  Make sure you stop by and visit the CropStop Blog and I will be posting every Thursday this month.


______________________________________________

And, while I'm here, I wanted to share my take on the 6/30/13 Challenge Sunday at Chic Tags, using Triangles.  I've been working through some DT work, but I just knew I had to play along with this challenge!  I really love the Triangle trend...and Chic Tags even has some Triangle shaped tags in their Love Note collection.  So the wheels were already turning in my head, as soon as I saw the challenge.  Here is what I created:




I did what I call the "Wilna Furstenberg" look on this layout...although she does it about 100 times better than me!  I used one of the exclusive masks from The Paper Bakery and lightly sprayed over it with some Mister Huey's Mint Julep mist.  I also went with a larger photo than I normally do.  This is an Instagram photo that I printed at 5x5.  I wanted it a little larger than normal, so I could add the Polaroid frame around our daughter's stuffed animal.  And since the challenge called for Triangles, I used some of the Triangle Tags from the Love Note collection and then cut some more Triangles from Dear Lizzy patterned paper, to mix in with the Chic Tags.

Thanks again for stopping in today and I hope you all enjoy your holiday weekend!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Patterned Paper, Phrase Stamp, Clothespin, & Thickers:  American Crafts; Tags:  Chic Tags; Spray Mist & Wood Veeners:  Studio Calico; Mask:  The Paper Bakery; Stitching Template:  Amy Tangerine; Ink:  Close to My Heart; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Doily:  Cocoa Daisy June Kit; Other:  Washi Tape



No comments:

Post a Comment